This document explains the details about what Application Activity is.
Application activity refers to various events, such as JWT_VALIDATION, which are written to an event log. Use Application Activity to help identify issues and view details about activity relating to Requestor, Recipient and UUI Devices.
This document provides details on:
- who can access the event log
- why you would want to access the event log
- how to interrogate the event log
|Tip: Events are also shown in the Data Log section of the Haventec Console Usage Reporting page.|
Who can access the Activity event log?
Why would I want to access the Activity event log?
You may need to search the Activity log to troubleshoot, in response to support requests. A user may have trouble logging in, and you may need to verify their activity.
Or if a user is querying a transaction.
Where do I start?
- In the Haventec Console menu, click Applications.
- From the Application List, click the Activity tab for the relevant application.
- The Application Activity page is displayed.
Tip: Click to the right of the column name to explain the following:
Interrogating the event log
To investigate the event log, you first need to filter and search for the events that you are interested in.
Searching for events
- Select the applicable date range : Pick a Start Date and an End Date.
- Select the Event Type from the drop down list or by starting to type within the field the system will auto complete and display available matches eg JWT_VALIDATION.
- In the searchable field options, enter one of the following:
- Requestor Username
- Recipient Username
- Requestor Device UUID
- Recipient Device UUID
- Click Search.
Listing the results
Event log records that match the search criteria are displayed in the Search Results section.
The following items are displayed for each event:
- Date / Time: Event timestamp.
- Event: JWT_VALIDATION, for example
- Requestor: This is the username of the user who invoked the API transaction
- Recipient: This is the username of the user whom the transaction was invoked upon. Typically for transactions initiated by an end user, this is also the end user.
- Result: SUCCESS or FAIL.
- Details: Click View to show further detail for a particular event.
Viewing event details
- If there are no matches to your search criteria the system will display the message "No search content found". Please try adjusting the parameters of your search and try again.
- If matches to your search results are found, the details for the selected event are shown on the Event Details page.