This document explains; what applications are, who can access, how to manage your organisation's applications and its users. This document also explains how to access all the Applications functions, such as:
- List of applications
- Create an application(s)
- View/edit application settings
- Manage application users
- View application activity
- View documentation and download SDKs relating to your organisation's applications
What are applications?
Applications in Console correspond to your particular environment and systems where you wish to use Haventec for authentication. Your application is typically:
- Your mobile application or web site
- Your corporate intranet
- Whatever environment where you want to get users to use Haventec to login
When you create a new Application, you are issued the following, which you will need at a minimum to build into your application:
- An Application UUID
- An API Key
An Application in Haventec has tenancy isolation - each Application represents a particular access to an environment - your resources cannot be accessed by other tenants.
For OpenID Applications, an Application corresponds to a particular Realm in the IAM.
Who can access applications?
- Organisation administrators have full access to applications.
- Your Application support staff can access and perform functions on application users. They can access all other application information in view mode only.
- Your Organisation support staff cannot access applications in any way.
Where do I start?
- In the Haventec Console menu, click Applications.
- The system will then display the Applications page, with either the advice that "You currently have no applications" or a list of your "current applications" (see figure/screenshot examples below).
Figure: No current applications
Figure: Current applications listed
This page lists all the current applications in your organisation and shows the following information for each application:
- Application Name
- Service: AUTHENTICATE or SANCTUM
- Application Description
- Application UUID
Creating an application
- To create an application, click CREATE A NEW APPLICATION.
- The Create Application Wizard will lead you through the create application process.
- Refer to Create Application for further information.
- To view and manage application details, click MANAGE APPLICATION.
- Click the relevant link. For example, click Settings -> Protocol Settings to edit protocol settings for the application.
- Refer to Manage Application for further information.
Managing application users
- To manage application users, click USER MANAGEMENT.
- Refer to Application User Management for further information.
Viewing application activity
- To view application activity, click APPLICATION ACTIVITY.
- Refer to Application Activity for further information.
Viewing documentation and downloading SDKs
- To view documentation and to download SDKs relating to your organisation's applications, click DOCUMENTATION.
- Refer to Application Documentation and SDK Downloads for further information.